Skip to main content

30 Days of Thankful - USA Inspired

Borrowing from our US cousins, I decided to do the 30 days of Thankful throughout November. Sometimes it is all too easy to concentrate on what you do not have, instead of what you are thankful for.  Every day I posted on both my business and personal facebook pages things I was thankful for.  So here it is, from Thursday 1st November (technically I only decided to do it on the 6th, but just back-dated the first 6 posts ;) ) right through to today - Friday 30th November.

30 Days of Thankful - Day One
I am thankful for my very loving and supportive Husband

30 Days of Thankful - Day Two
I am thankful for my wonderfully large, loving, and amazing family - both those that I am lucky to be related to, and those that have adopted me into their family through my husband.

30 Days of Thankful - Day Three
I am thankful for my amazing friends. Without them, I do not know how I would have gotten through the darker parts - you always help me to find the light, and make me smile again.

30 Days of Thankful - Day Four
I am thankful for my gorgeous little doggies. Fellow pet owners will understand just how much love and comfort these furry companions can offer! I have an extra special bond with mine, as each joined our home after a particularly difficult, and painful point in our life.

30 Days of Thankful - Day Five
I am thankful for my health. Compared to most in the world, I am in tip top condition. My ailments are minor, and I am hopeful they will stay that way.

30 Days of Thankful - Day Six
I am thankful for my creative side, it has given me much comfort and pleasure

30 Days of Thankful - Day Seven
I am thankful for our wonderful home. It may not be a Palace or a Mansion, but it is ours!

30 Days of Thankful - Day Eight 
I am thankful for my upbringing, and all the people that helped me along the way. It has helped to make me the person that I am today.

30 Days of Thankful - Day Nine 
I am thankful for living in my wonderful home county. From the Sea, to the City, to the Countryside - Dorset really does have it all!

30 Days of Thankful - Day Ten 
I am thankful for my drive and determination. The last two years has seen me work hard to build a business that is growing daily and brings me an amazing sense of achievement.

30 Days of Thankful - Day Eleven 
I am thankful for the invention of the Internet! It is hard to imagine a world where you are not able to find the answer to anything within seconds! The internet has a big impact on not only my personal life, but my business too!

30 Days of Thankful - Day Twelve 
I am thankful for always having enough food in my cupboards to never go hungry. It may not always be what I want to eat, but there is always plenty there.

30 days of thankful - day 13 
I am thankful for my education, it has helped me achieve so much.

30 days of thankful - day 14 
I am thankful to all the very talented and amazing writers out there. You fuel my passion for reading, and ensure that I continue to learn something new each day!

30 days of thankful - day 15  
I am thankful for the hard times that I have endured. I would never wish them upon anyone, but I truly believe that they have made me a much better person for experiencing them.

30 days of thankful - day 16  
I am thankful for my love of baking, that was passed from my Nan to me. Most of my fondest Childhood memories are of being her kitchen assistant, helping to whip up tasty bakes :)

30 days of thankful - day 17  
I am thankful for the kindness and support of others. It never ceases to amaze me just how far people will go to help in times of distress.

30 days of thankful - day 18 
I am thankful for music, I find that I can usually always lift my mood with the right kind of song. The talent of others never fails to amaze me.

30 days of thankful - day 19 
I am thankful for the gift of laughter. No matter how glum I feel, my mood can always be lifted with a fit of the giggles!

30 days of thankful - day 20 
I am thankful for chocolate! For as long as I can remember, I have been obsessed with the rich, creamy stuff! And because the Cocoa bean is natural, I can kid myself it's good for me :)

30 days of thankful - day 21  
I am thankful for amazing TV programmes and films. There is nothing quite like being completely immersed in the latest episodes of True Blood or Dexter!

30 days of thankful - day 22  
I am thankful for tea! Yes, I know that sounds random, but I am obsessed with the golden stuff! Nice and strong but extra milky, with one sugar if I'm feeling naughty ;)

30 days of thankful - day 23 
I am thankful to the suffragettes and other Womens movements - without them, I would still be expected to stay home and look after the house, with no say into how it was run.

30 days of thankful - day 24 
I am thankful for hope. In my darkest times, I sometimes fear I have lost all hope. And yet a little ray always seems to shine through :)

30 days of thankful - day 25  
I am thankful for my sense of humor. Perhaps a little on the dark/wicked side, it has helped me to get through many a scrape!

30 days of thankful - day 26 
I am thankful for my bed! It is always super comfy, warm and cosy. Without a doubt, it is one of my favorite places to be!

30 days of thankful - day 27  
I am thankful for my open-mind and willingness to try new things! Every day has a new experience when you greet life in this way :)

30 days of thankful - day 28 
I am thankful for technology - I am able to browse the web from the car, make friends with people from all around the globe, connect with a small business in America and even complete a masterpiece painting with just my finger! (okay and a tablet/ipad) - Invent me a hover board, and I will be in heaven >.<

30 days of thankful - day 29 
I am thankful for the beauty of nature. Nothing like a lovely scenic walk to clear the cobwebs!

30 days of thankful - day 30 
I am thankful for the very act of being thankful! Too many people do not appreciate all that they have in their lives. I am proud that I have stopped to focus on the good, rather than the bad.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Colour B4 Extra Strength Review - Part Two Using the Dye Remover and helping to prevent re-oxidation

If you haven't already read it, you should really check out Part One of this as it details preparation, it can be found here Well it is done and I am rather impressed with the results, even if I do say so myself!  There were a few things that I did differently this time and I will go through the entire process and then share the finished result. You will need; Sectioning Clips Comb Colour B4 Extra Strength Cling Film Two beanie style hats Hair Dryer Shower Bucket Loads of Patience Step One Start by sectioning your hair and clipping the upper portion to the top of your head.  If like me you have long hair, it is best to start with the underneath layers.  I found the easiest way to apply the remover was to take a small section of hair (no more than an inch wide) and squirt a small amount into my gloved hands and start with the ends carefully rub it in.  I usually applied 3 squirts to each section; end, mid length and root.  Time should be taken to ensure each squ

Superdrug Colour Rewind - Hair Dye Remover Review - Part One

I started dying my hair at the grand old age of 15 - fast forward to 12 years later and my hair has become a dried out mop of horror.  I started with black - I loved Marilyn Manson and Slipknot and needed the world to view my hair as an extension of my sheer awesomeness!  This phase lasted until I was about 19; almost 4 years of the darkest of darks layered over my hair. I alternated between black, black-blue, black-purple and even tried dip dyed black and red.  At 19 I wanted a change and decide to bleach it so I could dye it red - after an initial day of ginger (luckily I was favouring the sporty baseball cap in this period) I switched to a dark red.  Next came a few years of alternating between different shades of red and then various browns. When we started trying for a baby in 2010 I was worried that the constant dying of my hair whilst pregnant could cause development issues - I went to a professional hair dresser and had blonde highlights put through my then dark brown

Replacement Blades for the Silhouette Cameo - UK users

From the moment I purchased my Silhouette Cameo I was in love.  The only way I could justify the cost was to start up a business , the only problem with this was the cost of the blades.  I was getting through a blade every few weeks, at just under £16.00 (including postage) for a single blade it was getting very expensive.  I knew that once business picked up I was going to either have to increase prices (never a good idea for new businesses) or take a big knock in profits.  The only solution I could see was be to try and find a cheaper solution to the blades. I was first made aware of using disposable blades by Ligaya's Creativity Zone .  She had had success with an aluminium (CB09) Blade Holder.  This blog was invaluable for advice on the different angled blades available and suppliers of the CB09 Blade Holder. The only drawbacks were the seller was based in Asia (have been stung for import taxes before, and it is a hefty amount) and there were reports that the holder act