Total Pageviews

Sunday, 10 March 2013

Icing Stencil

My lovely mother in law bought me some wonderful icing stencils for Christmas.  They were from the Great British Bake Off and were such a wonderful, yet simple idea to decorate a cake.  I knew instantly that it would be something I was going to replicate with my Silhouette Cameo.
Initially I wasn't sure that I would be able to find a suitable material to make the stencil from.  I knew that the Silhouette would not be able to cut the thick plastic that my stencils were made from, and so a lot of research was needed.  After finding out that my machine could cut acetate, I decided to give it a go.
It was my father in laws birthday a week ago and I offered to make a cake to celebrate.  It was just a simple sponge, so I knew that livening it up with a stencil would be perfect!






Although the cocoa powder was trickier to stencil with then the icing sugar, I still think it came out quite well.  My stencil is a lot thinner then the original, but rather then being a hindrance it was actually better as it laid against the curve of the cake.
I do plan to sell a variety of these in the Etsy store and even have a friend after a baroque style for her own cakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment